Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Middle of the World......Yeah i know right!!!

Mama!!

How is you?? You sound like you are doing well over there on the north side of the Americas.

You will have to tell me about Jasmine or keep me updated. How long will she be there?? And Jaden student of the month.....I knew it..... he is super great and there is no one better than he to be chosen for that honor and privilege than that dude!!

Where is Shelby going on her mission? Tell Mrs. Pedersen hi and I actually thought about her and all the staff the other day. I am so thankful for there examples and how they taught me so many things not only through the band season but through them living there lives so tell her hi for me!!

My ears are healing and I am keeping them clean with alcohol so they don't infection. I hope to find some neat earrings so I can change them every once in a while but who knows maybe I will wait until I get home. But yes I am glad I did it and am excited for the options of earrings that I will be able to have :D

I am glad the funeral went well. Those are sad times because we miss them but we like you said have something so wonderful knowing the plan of Salvation of our Heavenly Father. That means we get to see them again and it will be a joyous reunion.

Well I know how you feel with I can't even remember what happened last Monday and how fast the weeks go now it is kind of scaring me. IT IS INSANE HOW FAST TIME IS PASSING!! I mean it is October and almost half way through. That is insane. But a lot happens week to week in the mission and I can't share it all in the weekly emails but I am writing all of it down in my journal so don't worry there will be years worth of stories that will awaiting your little ears of y'all.

So this week I want to tell you about a HUGE tender mercy that I was blessed with. So on Saturday we were able to go to a baptism of the Elders in our ward to help them out with a few things and we had a investigator coming to see the baptism....this in itself was a blessing but I will get to that later.... so I was walking into the church and said hi to a little indigenous boy....which that is strange because not many indigenous live here but hey doesn't matter to me because I love them....so I asked Hermana Pingree if she knew him and she didn't but i couldn't understand why he looked so familiar. Well I walked in and figured out why!!! The Hermana Zoila Campo fromBarrio Otavalo was there!!!!! She was my Mamita for Sundays in Barrio Otavalo and was there because it was her nephew getting baptised!!! OH BLESSED DAY!! It was so great to see her. I don't know if I ever told you but she was the first person I met here in Ecuador and was always so kind with my Spanish. She told how much better it is now and how she was so happy to see me. Oh it was such a tender mercy. The Lord really cares and watches out for his missionaries and knows exactly what they need for a little boost to keep going.

Well Saturday wasn't just filled with that tender mercy but a lot more. We had a new investigator come to the baptism well he got there late but hey we had a lesson with him. That was actually a cool story. So like on Thursday night we were walking to a lesson and passed this guy. As missionaries we are told to be kind of careful of single men, ya just because we are younger women. So we passed him and all the sudden we just hear ¨´HEY HERMANAS¨¨ We both thought he was a member so we turned to talk to him and find out he is an investigator that hasn't had any contact with the church and he told us Saturday that he just saw a light in us and knew that we can help him. He is great and I think will really progress. Then not only him but we found a new Familia. The familia Silva. Please pray for them. We contacted them like 3 weeks ago and passed by almost every day and miracle we finally found them all together in their house. They are going to be so great and both me and my comp were like he could really be the next bishop. But the miracles didn't stop there so on Sunday all our investigators told us why they couldn't come to church and so we just headed thinking oh man no one is coming today....not so. A family just moved here and his 2 younger sisters who are Isis and Agatha both came with him and are investigators. And not only are they 18 and 17 but the SPEAK ENGLISH!!! They lived in the US for 2 years and love to talk English and so we are going to start working with them. Please pray for them. We are finally finding some really good prepared people that need the support of our Father in Heaven.

So yeah, I have learned a lot about perseverance and patience in this sector and a lot about faith. I came here and literally we had no investigators but we are working hard and contacting a lot and are now seeing the blessings of the Lord come into our lives. I think that is something super important not only in the mission but in life in general. We have to have the trial of our faith as Moroni said in Ether 12:6. Because the testimony or what I love to say is that the blessings don't come until after. I mean I can truly testify of that. I really had some big struggles in some of my cambios and know that it was to try my faith and see what I would do. But as I was able to work through those challenges I truly gained a testimony of the blessings we receive after those hard times. But we don't only wait for the storm to pass and wait for the blessings to come. We keep working and working and working and more then working, praying and then we will see the blessing come down but not only after the sun comes out but we find there are so many little blessings that Heavenly Fathers puts in those little raindrops of the storm. I am so thankful for trials. Not because I want them or that I think they are easy to deal with but that I can grow and be molded in the hands of the great potter as I learn through them.

So why the title of my email well....you guessed it.....I WENT TO THE MIDDLE OF THE WORLD!!! We went today for our district activity and it was super cool. I want to go back a least once more to see the rest but it is legit and I can't even describe so I will send pictures and then you will just have to come visit with me after my mission so start saving up :D

I love you guys so much and hope you have a fantastic week!!!
CON TODO MI CORAZON
Hermana Hull

PS ALMA 36:3
PPS Christmas...mostly just surprises but maybe a flash drive and a box of mac and cheese. And if you could hand written letters from family and friends. :D
PPPS Say hi to the Flia Moreta for me!

LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Eating Hot Dogs


Marco and Silvia

Visit with Marco and cake

The Ofelia Zone

At the Equator




Standing in both Hemispheres

No comments:

Post a Comment