Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Viva Ecuador....hasta la muerte!!!

Mama,

Sounds like you had another fantastic week that sounds even more amazing because of the wonderfulness that band is doing. Oh how I wish I could see it. Is it to late to order a shirt that I could wear after the mission?

I really can't believe the lights went out. But I sure can believe that the Sky View band just kept going and then got 2nd. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean Sky View....no words can describe!!
WITH PRIDE!!!!!! I feel that band blood erupting into a loud shout and got chills from the bones while reading about my band and how they truly are an inspiration to others. Oooof Sky View High School Marching band....nothing better....well except the mission in Ecuador ;) Is there a video of the beach speech and the show? I hope you will save it somehow so I can watch after the mish.

Yeah so all is going well down here in Ecuador in Carcelen Alto. We are working hard. Not seeing to many of the fruits but they will come with patience and hard work and faith and every other good thing that we are able to do as missionaries. :D

So.....just to let you know first everything is fine.....you cant go freaking out about this..... none of you can. I went to the Hospital again... not for the night and not because I am sick. My knee has been bugging me more than usual and the nurse wanted to just have it checked just in case. Just a few more exercises and such and I will be good. So no worries I am not telling you this to get you worried or anything. It is all the Lords time but I had to tell you to set up for another story that happened because of going to the hospital on the metro.

So to the other story. I was sitting on the metro after my hospital visit with my comp. We were standing and surrounded by other people and I just started looking at everyone on the metro and just tried to imagine the different lives that they are living and how much of a different life each one has had and a huge different one I have had. I got to thinking about how much I would have never ever thought that I would be sitting there on the metro in Quito Ecuador and how much of a life it is and how I can't think of not being on the mission now. I mean in high school I though about serving the mission but you never truly understand the impact it will have on your life and the people you meet how much you can love them. But as I was sitting there it was another moment and just looking at each one individually and how I don't know any of them. I hardly know my companion to be honest. I mean I know her and talk to her and laugh and cry with her but I will never truly know here truest desires or her hardest moments but what I do know is that there is someone who does and loves us each infinitely individually. Jesus Christ and Our Heavenly Father know us better than we know ourselves and that won't ever change. They are always there and in every change with every challenge and with every happiness they know how we truly feel. Sometimes as humans we say that we can't even describe what we feel and that is true because it is on a spiritual level and that isn't comprehended by the human flesh but we have our spirits and they understand every feeling that we have in our spirits. That is why it is so powerful to get a spiritual confirmation. They are speaking to the natural man but Heavenly Father is talking to his spirit child and that is the way he can manifest his love. Spirit to spirit. I just thought of that and how each and every person is truly really so important to him and i get to help them really understand that. There isn't any greater work that I could ever even imagine.

So yeah that. :D We also got a charla franca from an investigator. So this is what we usually give to the investigator to check and ask why they aren't progressing but he just met up with us once more and was like ya nope this church aint for me. It really was a surprise and kind of hurt. Not his words but the hurt that he wont make these precious covenants with his Father. But that doesn't mean he wont forever just not now. It is sad but hey we can find others who are ready to listen and now he has the seed planted and will be ready someday.

Might I just say. Latinos are blunt. It is part of there culture. I mean I have never been called fat so many times in my life. But then others are like if only I could be as skinny as you or worry I am losing weight to fast. Weird part of the culture.

Well just to finish up with another story. I taught a member family to play chess and so far haven't been beat. Haha #chessmaster #not Also another family has already set up there Christmas tree. I almost made me cry. Not because I am excited for Christmas but I mean I am but it just reminded me how fast time is passing and how I am truly in the mission and is flying by. Got to aprovechar y disfrutar cada dia o va a pasar y voy a pensar que paso!!!(seize the moment and enjoy the day or it
will just happen and I will wonder what has happened!!)

I love you all so much. Here is an awesome scripture you can ponderize this week with me if you want!!
 6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.
DyC 15:6


Have a wonderful week!!!
Love you soooooooooo much!!
Hermana Hulk.....(most latinos call me this because it is more known :D )

Ps Have a wonderful time at BOA!! Tell me everything!
PPS How are Drew and Anli? Is Jasmine still babysitting them?
PPPS I got the package. I forgot to tell you last week the licorice and candy corn are delicious!!

Colada Morada y guaguas de pan

 Roasting starburst....do what you gotta do


Cookies we made today for Pday activity with some members. First chocolate chip cookies since my farewell

Nice field with Ecuador Jersey....do'nt know how we got in there but we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment