Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, December 21, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama!!

Wow thanks for that insert and thanks so much for all you do. I will answer the questions first and then get on to the good stuff.

So yes we will be talking at 2 my time or around that. I will be skyping again. I will have 40 minutes to talk. We will most likely be with members so that will be good. We don't know for sure yet but I will be skyping. :D

So to the good stuff.

So first I want to do my 10 moments in the year that I am grateful for like we did last Christmas that we read before we got onto presents.

1 Harry Potter world and Arizona- just have to put them in here. Now onto the good ones

2 CCM in Colombia- Not going to lie I think this was the hardest 6 weeks of my mission. I was absolutely so home sick it was crazy and couldn't believe the language that I had to learn. I was super blessed though with amazing teachers that changed why I really was here to the right one and made some forever friends that helped me make to the day I left and came to the wonderful world of Ecuador.

3 First Day in Otavalo- I remember walking down the street going what in the world am I doing here in this foreign place. It was insane. I didn't understand anything the culture food and people were so different from normal but I am super super super grateful for the chance I had to serve those people. I know it was where i needed to start my mission and how I love them is so indescribable that I can't even say with words.

4 Marisol´s Baptism- I have never felt the spirit so strong than in that room at that time when my first convert but really Christ´s bore her testimony of what she know and how she has been changed by finding this gospel. I love her. I love her 2 girls and I love the way the Gospel changes people.

5 Karabuela- A super hard change to move from a sector but the best one that could have happened. I feel that Karabuela is my home. I found family there. I could connect more through the language and started feeling the love of God for these People not just my own. It wasn't just for the investigators like Tania and Jessica or the menos activos like Yolanda or Javier but it was the members too like the Familia Moreta and Clara and Sairy. That made me love this time there.

6 My Change with Hna Relmuan- I look back on this change and this was and absolute rock in my path. I went through some of the hardest challenges of my life in this change. I was truly changed and truly change to what the Lord really needs me to become. I saw that he needed me to change if i was to become the missionary he needs me to be and i am not near close to that but am willing and ready to allow him to let him now. I also saw so many miracles in this change with the hard work. Not only baptisms and rescues but in seeing members become stronger and people willing to change what they know.

7 Carcelen- Didn't want to come to the city but it has been a growing and learning experience that is for the better. I feel so much more comfortable in the campo(country) but the bonds I have made here are forever and still being built.

8 Everyday- I just am super grateful for every single day of the mission. I mean it is the best part of my life and will be until the day it ends and then it wont actually end I will still have it for the eternities.

9 My trio change- I am so immensely grateful to my Father in Heaven for that change. I was put into a trio with 2 of the most amazing missionaries I know and have been changed by and with them forever. I now know why I needed that change because I would have not been nearly as ready to train as I am now. I needed time to learn and to grow and to have my confidence built more so I could be ready to help a new missionary.

10 So this last one really isn't a time but people-
Hermana Salas
Hermana Szerdi
Hermana Quiros
Hermana Relmuan
Hermana Pingree
Hermana Dorta
Hermana Holbrook
Hermana Ukle
I am so grateful and love each one of these people with my whole heart. I have spent a 6 week period of my life with each of them and they have changed me to be someone that I am proud of. I am still changing and will have more companions that at first may be hard to love but over time with each and everyone I will kneel down each day of my life and into the eternities and thank my Father in Heaven for placing these people in my life ant that they were put there in the time I most needed them.

So yes those are my ten for this year.

So yeah I just love that and hope you enjoyed it. Send me yours next week. Everyone not just mom!!!

So we will be getting our meal with President in the mission home tomorrow!! We are the last zone to go and I am super stoked because it is right on the week of Christmas. Some had at the beginning of December and so I just think that is perfect that I got it the actual week of Christmas.

So my Hija is amazing. Her name is Hermana Ukle! She is from Fort Worth, Texas and is 19 years old. She has 3 little sisters and her parents who were converts before she was born. She was in Provo MTC for 6 six week and is learning Spanish. So pretty much a gringa teaching a gringa Spanish. Can you imagine it?? :) I am happy and learning so much. I feel like I know everything and then at the same moment I know nothing. I feel like I will be the one that is learning more than she will because of the greatness of the calling that I have received but that really it is just the way for Heavenly Father to get me out of my comfort zone so that I can learn what is needed so I can be changed. I know that it needs to be fun and that we still need to work but that the work is the fun part because it is the part where we are with the people. I love the mission. I am super grateful for the opportunity to be the trainer of a new missionary to start her mission off right and that she will become an even better missionary than me. That is my goal because I know that is the goal of our Father in Heaven.

I love you guys so much and hope you have an amazing week and have a

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!

Love you
Hermana Hull

Super stoked to talk to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Missionaries and their Trainers

Hermana Ukle and Hermana Hull

Contacting a Tardis





Christmas in Ecuador


No comments:

Post a Comment