Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas......I love the real meaning

Mama,

I think I probably say this every week but it sounds like you guys had a really great and busy week and even more full because of Christmas. Crazy it is that time of the year again huh??

You are right about when people progress and don't progress. You can be the happiest you have ever felt when you see them making those changes but, then you are the saddest you have ever been and your heart literally breaks when they willing choose to make the choice to not change and don't want to hear any more from you. It hurts but the only view is the most joy you could possibly have!!

So you asked about the LLAMADA(call) on Christmas. Well I will be calling on Christmas day. I get the choice of Christmas eve or Christmas day and I chose CHRISTMAS DAY. I have to call before 6 my time because we have to be in the house early those days so I think I can call from 1 to about 3 depending on what time works for you guys. I think around 2 would be the best but I will let you know for sure next week!!
Super excited to talk to you too.

Well we were at the chapel waiting for the Christmas Devotional last night and well the thing couldn't get the signal so we didn't get to watch it. It was horrible. We were all super excited to watch it but that is okay we got to do some studies and read some awesome talks from conference.

Well I just have to say coming up to the Christmas has been so wonderful. I am learning so much more about my Savior. I have really started thinking about how blessed I am to be able to be here. I have thought a lot about the day I left home and how much I have changed up to this point. I can truly say that leaving home and stepping on that plane to go to Colombia was the hardest thing I have done in my whole life. But now looking back on it I would have been dumb not to do it. I mean everyday in the mission isn't close to perfect. I mean there are tons of ups and downs and smiles and tears. But everyday that I have been here I can truly say I have grown closer to my Savior and he has helped me change into who I am now and who he needs me to become. I am so grateful for each trial and challenge. The hardship to learn the Spanish language and the trial of having to use it everyday. I am grateful for the relationships I have gained and strengthened and the ones that hurt a bit because of how much I love them but they willingly turn away from this Gospel. I love everything about it. I love my Savior and love how I am his servant and working to become a true disciple. I am grateful for this time to learn of him and his power and his amazing ability to help each person on this earth. All because he was chosen and came down on that Christmas night many many years ago, we have a Savior.

Love you guys a ton!!
Have a great week!!
LOVE
Hermana Hull

PS not any cards yet but they should come soon. :D Thanks love you and tell all the grandparents I love them and miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment