Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, May 30, 2016

Changes........probably my last ones....

Mama,

Your week sounds like all this end of school stuff is just crazy and going well. I am happy to hear that all is well with Jaden's back.... I was praying for it a lot and wanted to hear how it is, so I am super glad it is not anything to bad. And that it will heal soon. Also that Jasmine's wedding is super close is loco!!! And Happy Birthday Donna!!! Sorry it is a bit late....:D

Well as to my changes....they happened again this week. Can you believe how fast 6 weeks have gone. I literally can't believe it. I feel like I just started last change and now I am in a brand new one. It is just super crazy and so part of mission life. SO you are probably wondering where I am at right now.....welllllll drum roll please........I am in Quito. Again. Different part though. I am in a place called Yaruqui which is up in the hills of Quito and so it is a lot more like Otavalo which I am super grateful because I wanted to get out of the city- ish areas :D Also this will most likely be my last area of the mission which is insane. It is pretty much like 100% because my companion Hermana Huayta is ´´dying´´ in the next change. Going home and so I will stay and finish here. So well that is crazy huh??

Hermana Huayta is super cool. I have known here since I was born here in the mission. She was in my first zone. We have had some of the same comps like Hermana Pingree and Hermana Ukle and have been in some of the same sectors like Ibarra and Carcelen. Crazy huh?? She is 21 and is from Bolivia, Sucre. So that is super cool. First comp from Bolivia!!! That is exciting!! I am stoked to work here and get to know the people. I know the Lord puts us together as companions for a reason. I don't know why yet but I will come to find out and I also know that we are sent to certain areas for a reason and I am super excited to love the people here. It is a branch as well and Hermana Huayta told me it is a house church and so that means it is small but it is going to be super fun and I am just ready to rumble!!!!

As to the familia Bermudez......,not going to lie my heart was broken yet again. They were unable to make it happen this last week. They are super worried about the rent and put it off. It made me soooo sad. But I know that they are going to get baptized within the next few weeks and so I just need ask president and I should be able to make it there. They made me burgers and gave me a Colombia jersey before I left. I love them so much and I am so glad I had the time to be with them and to change my life by being with them!!!!!

I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that it is only Him that knows all things we pass through like it says here in these 2 scriptures--

7 And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body,hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people. (Mosiah 3:7)

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

 13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.(Alma 7:11-13)

I know that he is the one and is the one that will always be there for us no matter what we are going through. I love him and am thankful for the power and strength that he gives me every single moment because it is only through him that I can do anything!!!!

Love you all a ton!!!!!! Have a great week!!!

Hermana Hull








No comments:

Post a Comment