Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, May 25, 2015

Well this week.........

MOM!!! Hello!

Wow it sounds like you have had a wonderful week!!! Thanks for sharing about our covenants. They are so special and I get to teach about them every single day to those I am teaching. They are special. Also so thankful for the temple!!! I am happy you got to go to the open house. Those have such a special spirit. Also I hope you go to the temple so often. It is such a blessing to live so close to the temple of our God. Wow what a blessing!! GO!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST AUNT DONNA THERE IS!!!!!! OH MY FLIP I LOVE YOU DONNA!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW!!!!!! LOVE FROM JENIKA IN ECUADOR!!!!! I TALK ABOUT YOU TO PEOPLE AND HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE!!!THEY WISH YOU WERE THERE AUNT!!! LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Jaden is such stud and I am glad he took Jamie. hahaha to MATT ;P My brother got you good!!

Wow this week has really been wonderful and hard all the same time.

Our investigator Marisol came to church again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is so cool. We were walking with them one night and she started talking to me. She was talking about her little girls and how she loves them so much and that one day they will be grown up and have to find boyfriends in THE CHURCH!! What!?!?!? She is already thinking that. Oh my she is so amazing and her girls are adorable and my friends. I love this family!! They are top notch and will be so blessed. Our other investigator didn't assist. Emerson. His fecha (date) fell. It tore my heart up. I want them to love the gospel like I do and I love them so much that it hurts me when they don't come. But we shall not cease in the work. :) One day!!

We had an awesome ward activity jueves(Thursday). It was  a movie night and there was like 20 investigators or menos activos brought by members. It was super legit and our investigator Emerson came and brought a friend. That was super cool.

Saturday was rough. We only ended up having one cita(appt) at like 8:30 at night. But we contacted 43 people. Our goal for the day was like 30 it think. It was cool but a hard day.

So my life has been complete. This last week we found a new family.They are from Colombia so we had to pass the reference off to the Elders but the night we found them we taught them the first lesson. It was funny how we got into there house, the little girl threw the house keys to us and then when the mom came down to get them she let us in to talk. So we had the first lesson of the Restoration and it went well. At one point I was testifying of the Book of Mormon and of prayer and as I finished testifying this lady said "Amen". She amened my testimony!! I got an AMEN!! Haha my life is now complete because of this moment. It was an awesome feeling!! Then she accepted to be baptised. I got to challege her and after we asked why she said yes and her answer blew us away. It is because she wants her kids to follow the right path and to do good and she does too but it was so much better than I can summarize. It was a good lesson!!

Miracle this week. It was such a cool experience. So we had planned to visit Marisol everyday because we have a lot to get through before her entrevista(interview) for baptism. Well one night we went by and no one answered. this was really important night for us to teach. So we went across the street to the family Gualsaqui. They didn't answer either. So we decided to pray, well we were praying that we could find Marisol. Right as we said Amen her sobrina(niece) walked out the door, across the street. We walked over and she let us in. We had an awesome lesson with Marisol. It was a miracle and so cool to be apart of!!!!

So this week has been up and down with the change. I miss Hermana Salas and Hermana Szerdi is awesome. She did just pick up where Hermana Salas left off. But I have struggled still. I was reading in a talk called the 4th missionary. It was given to me by presidente at verifacion. It was a talk given by a mission president. It talks of 4 different missionaries or types of missionaries. The first is disobedient and goes home. The second is disobedient but makes it to the end of there mission. Neither benefit from there mission. The third serves faithfully and does much good but doesn't benefit as much as he could because he withhold his heart and will from the work. He just changes his behavior to go with the work but doesn't do the will of the Father because he wants what he wants more than what the Father wants. The 4th gives everything. His will his heart and all his hopes, wishes, and dreams on hold for the father. Not that he gives them up but he puts them away for now. He consecrates his time in the mission instead of just sacrifices it. He gives his heart to the father and becomes more than just a missionary but a disciple of Jesus Christ. I want to share one paragraph from it.

´´Just give it up. Surrender your will to him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams, and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more, than you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God.´´ (look up this talk)

I know that it is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can become what we are suppose to be. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer!! He is everything and through Him we can have a new page fresh and white everyday!! He is all powerful and the creator of all things wonderful!! He loves each of perfectly and will help us through all things. I love Him and try to allow him everyday to shape me into what I need to be. I want to be the 4th missionary because only through allowing to give my heart and will to him will I become all that he needs and wants me to be. I love this Gospel. It is a Gospel of change. Changes of better and becoming more like our Savior. I love it because I can have it and change for the better because of it but still be me!!
I love you all so much!!!! Have a great week!!
Love
Jenika Hermana Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment