Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, June 29, 2015

I am now in Carabuela. No idea where that is yet.

Wow sounds like you had a full week full of fun and wonderfulness. I really love summer. And those are signs of the times. It means we need to be more prepared in our testimonies and it is through those simple commandments we strengthen our testimonies.

I don't have an oven. I just really want a few simple recipes of just fast lunch or dinners and maybe something to mix up my routine of desayuno(breakfast). Also a few sweets like rice crispies and such. I can find most everything here I mean there are a few things that are difficult but I can find more. I really want to learn to cook more. Then I will work on the hair ;)

Well first we had changes.....I am with Hermana Quiros. She is from Argentina and is 23. She has 4 and a half months left in the mission and says hi. I am now in Carabuela. No idea where that is yet. We are living with the Hermanas of Cotama right now because apparently there were some problems with our house. I miss Otavalo already. But the great thing is I am only 30 minutes away and get to come here every pday. YAY! Bummer is that I am not with Hermana Szerdi anymore and we became really great friends and she dies(goes home) this cambio(transfer). She is staying in Otavalo 2 and is training a newbie. That will be good for her and she is great and deserves this. Another bummer I don't get to see Marisol and her girls more. Also we found a family that has fecha now. So I wont get to teach them anymore. But I know that the Lord is putting me where I am needed and that I can learn and grow here than I would have staying in Otavalo. Hermana Szerdi was born in the misson in Carabuela and loves it. She says the people are wonderful and that it is soo pretty and she says it is deep campo(country). I am super excited to still be in the campo. I love it here so much because  I get to teach the indiginous. They are wonderful and humble and I love them soo much. IT is amazing how in such a short amount of time I have come to love these people so much that it literally hurts to leave them. I cried and then some more. These people have become my friends and people that I love with my whole heart. They are part of me and I can't imagine my life without them. The mission changes you and you learn to love so much. I love it here and am grateful for the chance I have to be here!!!!

I love this gospel and love that I am a missionary. I love the Libro de Mormon and it teachings. It is the iron rod we need to hang onto in this crazy world. Also the words of the living day prophets. They are great and I love to study each talk. They bring peace and comfort in this world of confusion. The Holy Ghost is real and testifies of truth and righteousness and we are so lucky to have him with us as a constant companero(companion). I love it!!

I love you sooo much! I hope you have a great week and that all is well in my home of Utah. I love Utah. Hyde Park pride!!

I love you with all my heart and soul!!
LOVE
Hermana Hull

PS birthday...Wow I don't know. I would like a long sleeve t shirt and maybe a few more motab cds. hmmmmmm that is hard. I will think on it more!!! Love you


District

San Juan and Inty Raymi fiesta outside our window. It is an insane time with a lot of drunk people in the streets. Never seen a drunk before but now I have. This was a fun night got to see the indigionous dance and there culture. We were the only missionaries that got to see because of our house too. blessed. haha

Me



Elder Leal with me. He is my dad of the mission and just went home


Old Companion Hermana Szerdi

New Companion Hermana Quiros

No comments:

Post a Comment