Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, August 31, 2015

Wowzers....What a Week!!!

Mama,

Wow sounds like you had a wonderful busy week, full of lots of different things. School has begun, rodeos have been attended and now it goes into the life of school time. I can't believe summer is over and everyone is starting school. Can I just say that I do miss school a bit. It was fun to go and learn everyday. But what I am learning here is so much more important. It isn't about biology or the stars but about my Heavenly Father and his plan for me and how I can be better every single day.

You asked me about what are some of my favorites of Ecuador. Well first of the bread they have here. I love the bread and eat so much of it. You can get a pansito and a banana for 15 cents. I love that. I love that I get to eats potatoes and a huge pile of white rice every single day. That is the food here a lot of the time, and it is something I am so grateful for. I love the hard work people have to do to live. They work together in their families and work so hard. I love the tranquil lifestyle and their love for one another and just how chill the indigenous people are. I love the traditional attire. The anaco is good enough to go to church but they use it to do the dirty work too. I love the long black hair in braids. I don't think I am use to seeing men with short hair any more. I love the night sky with all the billions of stars. I love the milk in a bag and the aguitas. I love the rock roads that make it hard to walk and the fields of corn and the dirt in my face. I love all the time the amount of dogs, cows and pigs in my path. I love the people and there humility and how service oriented they are. I love the stories of there ancestors and the way that they live their lives. Pretty much to put it in a nutshell I love everything about Ecuador. It is my country. I love it with all my heart. It is so different from anything I had before. But it is a major part of me now. I was writing in my journal the other night and thinking how different my life would be without my mission. I would be starting school and just hanging out with my friends and probably still working at Shopko. But I would have never met Marisol with her two girls Veronica and Zoe or the Hermana Miriam and Melvin. I would have never learned how much I love the Familia Moreta and how wonderful Tania is. I would have never met Roberto and Lola or Joel. I would have never learned about the Laguna de Cuicocha(lake) with out Javier and Rocio Lema Campo or how important a Sister can be without Javier Tituana. I would have never met a lot of these people that I love with my whole heart and want to do everything I possibly can for them and with them. They are family and I want to give my best to them every single day. I am just going to say I am so eternally grateful for my mission but that doesn't do it justice.

Tania is getting baptised this Saturday. She is so ready and passed her entrevista(interview). She is great and I love her. Pray for her to make it to Saturday. She needs all the prayers she can receive to help her to not fall into temptation this week!!!

I saw Hermana Yorgason!! What a blessing that was. It was truly a tender mercy for both of us. She gave me the letters from each and every one of you. That was a special treat. She is doing good, it is hard in the first change but in time she will be such a great missionary filled with power.

Well that is my letter for this week. I love you soooooo much. Have a wonderful week.
Love you with all my whole heart
Hermana Hull

PS The package could you send a slip mine ripped and it is still usable but hard to sew up. Love you












No comments:

Post a Comment