Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

American Pride

Mama,

First off for the title it is just hilarious that people here wear shirts and have bags of the Amercian flag more than I have ever seen. They have more pride in America than some Americans do.

Wowzers sounds like you have had yet another wonderful week and will continue to have one. Lots of stuff going on up there in good old Utah.

Down here in wonderful Ecuador we had quite a wonderful week.

First off when we got home from Pday last week we didn't have any electricity in the house and didn't get it back until Wednesday morning. We found out that the Hermanas haven't paid for like 6 or 7 months so I had to pay it and so don't have much apoyo(budget) for this week but I should be getting a reimbursement but to add to it we didn't have water for Tuesday and Wednesday. Haha, but what can you do we were going to have a baptism. There are always a lot of pruebas the week of a baptism. I mean hermana Relmuan got a parasite and we didn't have much time in our sector do to tests and buying medicine but you know all is wonderful.

We had a wonderful baptism. Tania is so fantastic and is so happy to finally be a member of the church after like 3 years of waiting. You could see the difference in her eyes the instant she came out of the water. She is going to be a wonderful addition to the church and has so much potential in one day being a wonderful leader in this wonderful ward of Karabuela.
Can I just say how much I love this ward. I mean I cried and love Otavalo with all my heart but Karabuela is up there now and even passed that love for Otavalo.
We also rescued Yolanda Ipiales. She is an inspiration to me. She has 7 kid and the oldest is 14. She truly has a testimony and just got off track for a while but she is absolutely the bestest ever.

I am so thankful for this gospel. I just have one experience to show the true worth of this gospel and the commandments of our Heavenly Father. So after the baptism we went to see another investigator. He was drunk and sad and crying. I truly saw the difference that day of living the Gospel and not living it. The gospel is so pure and simple and wonderful. Sometimes we forget what a blessing it is to live it because everyone around us is living it. But we are so blessed.

I hope you have a wonderful week. I forgot my sticky note and cant think of anything else to say except that The familia Moreta has offered me part of there house to come and live after my mission. I love them.

Have a wonderful week and always choose the right
Love
Hermana Hull

Ps I still haven't gotten Grace yet. Could you talk to her family.
PPS Aguitas are herbal teas that don't have caffeine and everyone here drinks them
PPPS I LOVE YOU


Attic of Church


Eating a Whole Fish

Hermana Moreta and Hull

Tania's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment