Sister Jenika Hull will be serving in the Ecuador, Quito North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Follow her weekly updates here............

Monday, September 28, 2015

Well....the city....what to say....what to say

Mama,

Sounds like a wonderful band season has begun and I am super excited to hear about it. I am so thankful the updates about life at home and how everything is going so well. I miss primary. But I love to tell people I was a teacher and they love to hear it too.

Well this week was really different.

There is no dust or cows or pigs or really very many dogs. My life has change immensely being here in the city but it is a good change to. Me and my comp are really getting along swellingly and love to work hard together. We are learning a lot and I am the one she relies on for learning more Spanish so I am learning more every single day.

So Monday I ate a subway. Can you believe it subway. Yeah they have that here in the city. Haha. I cant believe it.

So really a lot of this week was looking for new investigators. I got here and they literally didn't have any. We have a lot of menos activos and conversos from before we got here and I still only know a few of them but am getting to know them and the sector slowly but surely. I think I could make it back to the house now. It is just so different here in the city because there are so many people and houses and cars that I just get confused and don't know where I am but I can make it to the house now so that is good.
We found a really cool guy that we are teaching. His name is Marco and knows a little bit of English, because he lived in the US for 20 years. The reason he had to come back to Ecuador is that he was in prison for a year for domestic violence and how the lawyer helped him not have 20 years was to be deported. He before that had a really hard life. He has two kids but never was married and just has been living alone with his dogs here ever since. He found Jesus in prison and it changed him. He is very open and willing to learn and is so nice. Before my mission I would have been scared to even talk to him because of his past. But now I want to help him so much. I think of how we can help him a lot because I know the power of the Atonement and how I have seen people change through it. So I pray a lot for him. He is going to get baptized, we just have to figure his work schedule out so he can come to church.
We are going to have a lot more families to teach this week too. Contacted a lot and there is a lot of potential.


Well I did get to see the Womens Conference. It was really good. I wish I could have watched it in English though. I understand a lot of Spanish but not everything so i could have been more edified but I am excited to listen do Conference and then to read it. I love conference so much. It is seriously like Christmas for missionaries.

Church was awesome. I understood everything but the absence of Kichwa is a little hard and the ponchos and anacos but it was good to be able to understand everything. They had combined Priesthood and Relief Society for there emergency plan. There is a volcano called Cotopaxi that is going to erupt so they are prepping. Don't worry we have everything we need and have been preparing too. Just don't know for when.

So just want to share a cool insight.
 35  No obstante, ayunaron y oraron frecuentemente, y se volvieron más y más fuertes en su humildad, y más y más firmes en la fe de Cristo, hasta henchir sus almas de gozo y de consolación; sí, hasta la purificación y santificación de sus corazones, santificación que viene de entregar el corazón a Dios.
So I know this is in Spanish but I love it. So one day I was studying here and was wondering what yield your heart in English so i came to Spanish and found entregar. It means to like willingly give. So we are willingly giving our hearts to God. I know that as I do that I become a better missionary everyday. I can't explain to much more because I don't have much time left but I will definitely explain more another time.
Love you so much. Have a wonderful week.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Con todo mi amore
Hermana Hull

Fotos. My district and Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment